Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Saturday 2 April 2011

more pictures :)

I know, I just posted pictues of B's ear yesterday...but it looks so much better today! Day by day it looks better and better! It's less swollen in certain areas and less red. I took these pictures today and emailed them to Dr. Lewin to ask her a few questions and see what she thinks on how his ear is looking. She emailed me back in within 2 hours and said, "I think he looks fantastic. And what you are doing is perfect..." First of all... she emailed me back so soon, on a Saturday (that's just the kind of doctor she is) Second, I feel a LOT better! Not that I was too worried, but I had questions about how I was washing it and applying the cream and she made me feel a lot better about it. After his bath
Behind the ear shot. You can notice the stitch line behind his ear and the stitch on his scalp by his ear. The skin between those stitches is a skin graft from either under his arm or behind his other ear. Cool huh? Those stitch lines will fade with time. It's still so amazing to me!



Closer view. The swelling is going down a bit. I'm seeing more groves in his ear! It's been almost 5 weeks post-op and I'm still amazed at how great it looks already!



And...


Today I went to the memorial service for Mr. Hendricks, my kindergarten teacher ...from many years ago... and I had been close with him throughout the years. The service was almost like a mini reunion with some of my past teachers and some classmates. I was able to re-connect with a dear friend of mine, Nikki!!! We were in kindergarten together and our moms were really close and we spent countless hours at each other's houses for playdates. I have so many great memories with her. When we saw each other we just held each other and cired. We have lost contact with each other for so many years and I'm so glad to reconnect!!!

2 comments:

Simone said...

Brennan'a ear looks fantastic! So happy for you guys.

julie.v said...

im impressed on how well brennans ear looks..im happy for you guys itz amazing what medicine can do..my son is goin in for surgery this summer..