Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Friday 1 April 2011

looking good!

So, here are some picts from yesterday, and it even looks better today. His rash on his cheek is going away! His ear is still swollen but looking so good day by day!!!

Happy boy!


I still love this view so much! I find myself just staring at him during the day, amazed at his 2 ears! It's so unbelievable to me how different it makes him look... in a good way of course. I do miss his "little ear" and just being able to kiss it. I've been so careful with his new ear that I only touch it when I wash it and put cream on each day. Can't wait till I can kiss it!


Lil Pnut had her 2 year Dr. visit yesterday. She did awesome! Joel and I are still laughing about the appt. She didn't cry the WHOLE time, even during the shot. In the past, anytime we would walk into the office she would start screaming her head off. Yesterday, she just walked right in, down the hall, head held high, waving to all the nurses and dr.'s, trotted right in the room, dancing around in her diaper, got weighed (and didn't cry), got checked (and didn't cry), and held down for a shot (AND DIDN'T CRY).... I'm seriously still in shock :) I think that going to all of B's dr.'s appts has helped and maybe she is just growing up more :)

On that note, she is finally above 2% on the charts!!! In fact, she is in the 11% !!! She is now 23.7 lbs and she grew 2 inches in 6 months! She is growing more and talking more... Such a fun little girl!



At the junior high where I used to teach, they have an annual PE fundraiser. It's a 50 minute walk/run during the PE class. I took the kiddos and walked with them. Here is a picture of them with my mom (she is a secretary at the school).



AWWWW... One of my best friends had her baby boy, Ashton (AJ), on Faith's Birthday!!! I really forgot how little they are. He is so precious!


My friend Christy and her baby Ashton!!! Love them!




Tonight we went to visit one of B's favorite friends, Fernando! Fernando has Microtia/Atresia as well. Fernando has the same Dr. as B also! On Tuesday, Fernando had a surgery called the "tissue expander" procedure. He has a 'baloon type' object placed under his "little ear" that will stretch the skin in a 2-3 month period. Then, Fernando will have a second surgery, just like the one B just had. The thing is, since Fernando has the tissue expander, he will not need any skin grafts taken from his head, arm or orther ear. All the skin used for the surgery will be the skin right by his new ear. It's a new procedure and we can't wait to see how he does. B did not qualify for that procedure because he has his ear canal and ear drum from his previous surgery. So really, each surgery is case by case depending on each patient.

It was fun to visit with his family and talk about our surgeries and experiences. It was just hard to not let our 3 year old boys run around and be crazy little boys... we had to be careful with them because they both had surgeries. I can't wait until I don't have to worry about that anymore!

It's been fun getting to know Fernando and his family. Please keep them in your prayers as they have many appts. ahead to increase the size of the tissue expander on his head and as they prepare for the new ear surgery.

Thanks!

No comments: