Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

7 weeks post-op

Yep... 7 weeks already. We see Dr. Lewin next week but I emailed her a few pictures today to see how she thinks it's healing. Here are a couple pictures. Looks good doesn't it!!! I'm still amazed at how great it looks! B loves it too!





I don't think I've ever posted pictures of his skin graft sites. There are different techniques for the surgery and the skin graft sites vary for each patient. Brennan's sites were under his left arm and behind his right ear.


Here B is showing his cool scar under his arm. I keep medical tape on it. When a piece falls off, I just reapply another one. Dr. Lewin recommends doing this for 6 months for less scarring.


There are usually 5 pieces of medical tape. A piece on the very bottom had fallen off so I took this picture before I applied another piece of tape, so you can see the scar. Looks good already doesn't it!


There was also skin taken from behind his right ear. I tried to get a good picture of it, but really it's just so hard to see the scar. It's almost invisible already!


And... a few things this week...


Took the kiddos on a run and ended up hiking a little at a nearby park. Here are the kids with a cool view! And yes... isn't B's outfit cool! Ha ha, got to love the button up shirt with workout shorts. I think it's the next fashion trend :)




Poor Pnut has croup so she has been home for a couple days. My friend Christy had her baby 3 weeks ago! I just love little AJ so much! Today B and I went for a walk with them. Of course we fed the ducks on the way. It was AJ's first time with the ducks... of course he slept through it all :)



Yeah, I know... B isn't supposed to be at the park yet. Hey, it's just the swing :) He was in heaven!



B enjoying a treat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so proud of you... breaking the rules. going to the park. what a rebel you are. everything looks amazing. glad you had some outside fun time. hope faith feels better. poor girl.