Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Trust in the Lord

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and don't lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your way." Proverbs 3:5-6

In a nut shell: Joel was training on a motorcycle at work yesterday, and broke his leg. He called me from the ER room around 5:30pm. My mom and sister stayed at my house with the kids so I could go see him. I was there until around 1:30am. I went home and slept a couple hours. My mom is at my house with B and my friend Becky is watching Faith today.

The x-ray shows that his Tibia is broken 3 inches above his ankle. His Fibula is fractured 4 inches below his knee. The Fibula should heal on it's own and the Tibia will be repaired with a steel rod or some plates and screws. The doctor will know more while he is in operating.

He has been in the operating room for over an hour. They said it should take 2 hours so within the next 45 minutes, he should be out in the recovery room. Joel's dad and mom came and got to spend time with Joel for about an hour before he went in. We are all just waiting... wow... about a week and a half ago, I was sitting and waiting for another surgery to be over with. That one was planned and prepared for over 3 years and this one is so unexpected. Weird how life works.... how God plans for things to unfold.
I got to go into the prep room with him and be with him until they took him in. I won't be able to be in the recovery room with him but the doctor will come out and talk with us when it is over.

I can truly say may God be praised through all of this! We put our complete trust in Him and know His plans are bigger and greater than our own.... good thing I have that peace or I would be a wreck.

No comments: