Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Thursday 4 November 2010

B, Pnut and Monkey of course!

Reality set in this morning and I cried... I cried like a baby for about 15 minutes. I think I've been running on adrenalin and just so busy with the kids and trying not to worry about things that it all just hit me at once. It did feel good to get it out but it happened at an interesting time. It happened in the downstairs lobby at the hospital just when some of Joel's co-workers came down from visiting Joel. I was embarrassed but they hugged me and told me it was all going to be okay. I am so thankful that Joel is okay and that nothing worse happened. I am not complaining about our situation. I just got completely overwhelmed with the situation. I know there is a bigger picture in all of this. Things will be different at home for a while, but I know it will bring our family closer together. I look forward to the challenging moments when I can either dwell on the hard, negative things or choose to dwell on the blessings in my life. I trust the Lord that it will move me closer to Him and help me become a better wife and mommy.


This picture is so special because the kids were not even supposed to be in the room. Visitors under 12 are not supposed to be anywhere in the hospital, just the downstairs lobby. I was there from 11:00am till 6:30pm with the kids. Joel's parents and I were taking turns in the lobby with the kids and visiting Joel. The kids were troopers. Joel's mom and I took the kids to the mall across the street for a bit to get a change of scenery. Joel hadn't seen the kids in 5 days so he was disappointed he couldn't see them. He wasn't allowed to leave the floor he was staying on. Well, after the physical therapy appt., the therapist said she would see what she could do. With a couple calls from the nurses and permission from the hospital administrator, the kids were allowed up to his room for 15 minutes!!! It was so amazing that it worked out. The kids were good and quiet on the way up and so very excited to see Joel. B and I wrapped his monkey's leg this morning :)... That monkey has been through a lot too!...first a neuro-surgery, now this :)
Joel walked about 20 feet with the walker 2x today. Tomorrow he is going to learn how to use the crutches and how often he needs to walk around each day. He should be released tomorrow!
Please pray for Joel's pain to diminish. He has a lot of pressure and pain in his leg and the incision site on his knee is the worst of the pain.
Thank you for your prayers!

No comments: