Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Turning to prayer

It's exactly 1 month until B's Big surgery day. Exactly 4 weeks from today our little guy will have a huge procedure done to help him in so many ways. And yes, I'm starting to think about it more and more. Thoughts just creep in my head as the day goes by. What happened around this time before his last surgery is that I found myself grabbing something to eat every time I thought about his surgery. I'd go on throughout my day eating handfuls of this and handfuls of that just to put my thoughts aside... emotional eating? I think so. It didn't help me in any way. It just made me feel worse about myself as my clothes got tighter and my insides felt so unhealthy. I struggled with it so much and now I feel it happening again. Well, this time, I vow to turn those thoughts to prayer, and not food. I vow to commit this next month to prayer for my son, my family and other families going through these same procedures. I know I feel so much closer to God when I read His word and spend time in prayer. It is helping me to jot this down on the blog so now it is a commitment to God, to use my worried thoughts and turn them to prayer!!!

No comments: