Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Sunday 20 February 2011

Trying to stay busy

Let's see... the kids have been "stuck at home" for a few days now. It would be a lie if I said I wasn't going "stir crazy." Joel's still in Az but is coming home tomorrow so I'm excited about that! My mom watched the kiddos today so I could get out and go to a couple stores and stock up on things we will need for the next few weeks. So, I'm able to get out here and there a bit but the poor kiddos are home ALL day :)

I sent this picture to Joel... "night night daddy!"


Since I'm keeping the kids "away from the outside world" for over a week (to keep them from getting sick before B's big surgery day), I had this great idea about going to the mall in the morning before the stores open. I went there yesterday and today. Both days I got there and started my walk at 7:45am. It's so nice to be indoors and so peaceful to walk laps in the mall with barely anyone else there... just the cleaners, security, and a few other mall walkers. I probably did 3 miles each day. After my walk we spent a lot of time at the kid's play center... shhhh, it's my little secret.... if you get there before the mall opens, there are no other kids there!.... but don't tell anyone :) It was so fun to let the kiddos run around and play. Since the weather is bad I haven't been able to let them play outside it was nice for them to get some energy out! After that, we made our way to the Starbucks mall for some yummy chocolate milk (B's favorite).

DAY 1:

My walking buddies


Car time (seriously, I do try and get Pnut to put her head down when she smiles)


Chocolate milk time!



My sweet boy!


Cutie Pnut

DAY 2:

crazy kiddos


I hope they don't get spoiled and used to being the only 2 in there


My lil guy!


Attempting a picture with us 3


Here we go!


Car time again!


And yes, chocolate milk again


Throwing pennies in the fountain

Back at home...

...I turn my back for 3 seconds


One of his many floor puzzles. I was actually learning my states as we were doing this one (sad, but so true :)

Yes, shooting darts at the mirror... remember, we are home all day, everyday for a while... I've got to get creative.
If any of you have some fun ideas (crafts, games...) to do with 2 lil ones, I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute. glad you guys had a little fun! glad joel will be home soon too... you're such a great wife & mom! see you soon.