Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Sunday 24 October 2010

Meeting another Family!!!

Today was a low key day. It was raining so we spent some time at a local mall. B is now back to his crazy, energetic self and it's hard to keep him from running and jumping around. I'm trying really hard not to be the paranoid mom, but when he has an open wound on his head that seems so vulnerable to me, it's hard to relax.


Here he is enjoying the tractor ride... slow moving, no jerkey movements :)


***The highlight of my day***
We are a part of a Microtia/Atresia group on Yahoo and Facebook. We met a family through the 2 groups who live in Canada. Their little girl, Amisha, had her 4th surgery for her new ear (rib graft method). The surgery was in the same area where we are staying. They are here for 3 weeks and it just so happens that Brennan's surgery and Amisha's surgery were on the same day. Well, we were able to meet up for dinner!!! It was so great to meet this wonderful family in person!
Amisha and Brennan

Amisha and I
Amisha's mom, Veena, and I

Sheri and her daughter, Veena and I
(Sheri is an amazing woman who worked for CEI and the Dr. who did Brennan's surgery. She has helped so many families with information about Microtia/Atresia insurance issues and surgical procedures... It was so great to meet up with Sheri too!) I felt so much more at ease talking with her. She even gave me a great tip for Brennan at night. I haven't slept much at all because Brennan keeps reaching up and scratching his ear and skin graft site in his sleep. She told me I can use guaze and cover the sight with it and wrap it in place. We are trying it tonight and I think I'll be able to get more sleep... less worrying :)
Tomorrow, weather permitting, we're off to the zoo.
Tuesday: Post-Op Appt, then headed home

No comments: