Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Thursday 21 October 2010

He's "under"

Yep, he is under the knife as I write this. I think blogging right now is keeping me sane. Keeping me from really thinking about the fact that our lil guy is being poked and prodded and drilled and.... enough.... I've read about the surgery, I've heard the surgeon give the details 2 different times at conferences, and I've even seen a video... I don't want to think about it anymore.
We are sitting in the waiting room with a few people waiting for their loved ones as well. It's so surreal to be here. We have been talking about this procedure for over 3 years, and here we are. Trusting God. Trusting Him to take care of our little boy. Trusting our decision to go forward with this surgery. I just can't wait for it to be over with and we can hold our lil guy and give him tons of hugs and kisses.
We have felt so much support from all our family and friends! It's amazing how God shows himself through the prayers and support of people. I am humbled by everything that so many have done!
Here are some pictures of the morning...


6:00am... such a happy boy, even when being woken up and not being able to eat or drink (he woke up at 1:30am asking for water and I had to tell him no, he cried for a while and it broke my heart)
Monkey story: We got B the monkey when he was born because we knew he would need a "special friend" to help him through his years of dr. visits and surgeries. He sleeps with the monkey and only gets to take it to dr. visits. The monkey has been a blessing in our life as it has been a best friend to B and calmed him down in scary situations. (he doesn't know he is on monkey #3 though, that is our little secret.... he just thinks that monkey gets a really nice bath :)

Reading a book while waiting

Loving his monkey

Waiting in the bed
Checking blood pressure, B did so good!


Kisses from Daddy

Marking the correct ear for surgery


A little loopy after some medication. Made the trip down the hallway very pleasant. No crying or screaming. He was just holding on tight to his monkey. We were able to kiss him goodbye and the surgeon came over to shake our hands and tell us he was going to take special care of our little boy.
Now we wait...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the minute by minute account -- almost as good as being there ! xo Prayin.. loving.. GMA

Julie said...

Ok Im not a weepy kind of girl, but you sent me over the edge with the "...monkey gets a really nice bath." How special and sweet. I woke up this morning at 5am, got on my knees and prayed for B before I started my day. Sending lots of hugs and of course many more prayers. God is good. He is there right now holding the surgeons hand. Looking forward to seeing B and his new ear soon! :)