Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Saturday 11 June 2011

Thanks for Praying!

Yesterday was an emotional day but it went okay. I won't go into details about the procedure, but I went in at 12:30 and they put an IV in my arm and prepped me for surgery at 2:00 Joel was able to stay with me the whole time until they wheeled me away. The anesthesiologist put something in my IV that made me really sleepy and I think I remember a gas mask being placed over my nose and... 30 minutes later, which felt like a blink of an eye, I woke up in the recovery room and Joel got to come in and be with me for an hour until I was able to leave.
I went home and relaxed on the couch with the company of my adorable kiddos... which distracted me a bit. I was very crampy throughout the night but I have felt great today. I am making myself take it easy, though it's hard to do. 4 weeks of bed rest has made me anxious to get back to my normal activities. I can start exercising in a week, which will literally start with a small walk, as I am very out of shape now :)
Physically, I'm exhausted and my body aches from non-activity. Emotionally, I am doing okay. I have my moments when I sit and try and process the past 5 weeks. It was obviously meant to be, it's just so sad to loose a child, even one that my body only held for about 10 weeks. I explained to Brennan what had happened and told him that the baby is now with Jesus in heaven. He was very excited to see the baby in heaven one day... and of course play his drums in heaven too... oh, the mind of a 4 year old!
I have received many encouraging notes, texts, facebook messages... from so many people and many sharing their similar stories with loss as well. It has also helped me through this time.
Thank you for your prayers! I can't say that enough!
My friend texted me this verse yesterday morning and I focused on it throughout pre-op...

"Worthy are You our Lord and Our God to receive glory and honor and power for You created all things and because of You they existed and were created." Rev. 4:11

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love, hugs, and prayers being sent your way. May you feel sheltered in the shadow of His wings during this hard time. UT & AK