Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Monday 30 May 2011

Our "Little Fighter"

Update:


So I've nicknamed our little one: our "Little Fighter"...


We had our special Memorial Day dr. appointment today and I quote what my doctor said, "I'm surprised!" He is surprised the baby is still growing, the heartbeat is so strong and the blood clot is looking better!...


The blood clot (hard to tell in the ultrasound but it's the area to the left of the baby's sac) is still there, but it is more "organized" as the doctor put it. Which is actually a good thing. It is not as much like a bleed, more like a bruise now. It is lighter in color on the ultrasound than 4 days ago which means it could be slowly going away! There is still a risk since it is right next to the baby's sac but since the blood clot is changing in color, it's good news that it might just go away. My doctor says I need to be on a moderate bed rest now. I can do more things now but I need to lay down as often as I can.


So, I am 8 weeks today and already this was my 4th ultrasound and doctor visit. The baby is growing and measuring right. The heartbeat is strong and everything inside the sac seems to be developing fine. The doctor did say that the pressure from the clot could have caused and can still cause some structural issues with the baby (birth defects...) but we will know more in the second trimester.


There are so many emotions running through my mind (more 'bed rest' is hard with the kiddos, can't go on walks with the kiddos, can't play at the park with the kiddos, issues with the baby, still a possibility to miscarriage...) It's so difficult right now for me. As I deal with these thoughts and emotions I am reminded of God's goodness and kindness, even through the darkest moments.

I have another blood test tomorrow and another ultrasound at the end of next week... this is going to be a LONG wait...

Ps 56:4 "In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid..."

1 comment:

Erica said...

Just randomly found your blog.....although I don't believe in chance - I count it a privilege to cover you in prayer. I too had a blood clot while pregnant with my third child. Many many issues but two clots were part of that and one was in utero. I understand the bed rest and unknown. Olivia is now 9 and healthy as can be. Praying for your little fighter and for your health as well.