Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Thursday 26 May 2011

Dr. Appt

So, it seems that my posts are all about Dr appts :) This next week marks B's 3 month post-op mark and his ear looks AMAZING. So, I will be taking pictures soon and posting them to show off how good it looks!

Thank you to those who have prayed for my doctor appt. We went in this morning and he did the ultrasound. The baby's heartbeat was beating nice and strong! .... although.... the blood clot has gotten bigger and it is pressed up against the sac, where the placenta is. So, that isn't good news at all. My doctor is so great and so calm and encouraging, even with not so good news. He explained that I have about a 50% chance to miscarry at this point. I'm on 'strict bed rest' until my next dr. appt on Monday. The office is closed on Monday but he wants to see me then, and not wait until Tuesday. So, I will be going in to have an ultrasound on Monday morning to see how everything is going. If I bleed or cramp at all until then, I need to call the doctor and go in.
So that means 4 days of laying on the couch/bed. Ugh... it's so hard to do, especially with 2 little kiddos at home. We were all packed and ready to go to Arizona for the weekend and leave after my doctor appt. but that planned changed. My sister and mom are helping a lot with the kids this weekend and I am so grateful for it.
So... that is that. Of course I have the natural feelings of "WHY? and REALLY? NOW? THIS IS NOT WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW...WITH ALL WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH, NOW THIS?..." and for those of you who know me well, I'm always out and about with the kiddos, at different parks all the time. So this is a real challenge for me. I know God has his plan for us and this is all a part of it. Even though I have my moments of crying and doubts, I choose to put my whole trust in God and will glorify Him through this.
I'll update more on Monday. Hopefully good news... but it's all in God's plan so we'll see :)

2 comments:

Bill and Jenn said...

Oh Kim... I am so sorry to hear this news. I know how hard it must be to do NOTHING with your active little ones. And then the mental strain of wondering 'why?' and 'is everything going to be alright?' must be so hard. I will continue praying for you guys... Keep us posted!!

Kristal Sawyer said...

Praying for you!!!