Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Awake

October 21... that is the date that causes me to lay awake at night lately.
We could really use our prayer warriors out there!
We have been waiting for this day for over 3 years, since our little guy was born. Since it is only 2 months away, I find myself questioning our decisions and praying that we are making the best one for him. We will be putting him through a surgery that will improve his hearing and make it possible to live a life without a hearing aid! Yet at the same time, we are putting him through an intense surgery where a brain surgeon will drill a hole into our little guys head creating an ear canal and using a skin graft to create an ear drum. It's an amazing procedure and we are confident in our Dr.... it's just that as it approaches I find myself anxious, worried...
I pray that we can have peace through this process.
Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

3 comments:

Kristal Sawyer said...

Oh man, that is a major surgery. It is for sure NO fun to watch your son go through anything. Will be in prayer for you guys in the coming months.

Bill and Jenn said...

Kim, I will be praying. I know the anxiousness that accompanies surgery for kids-- and we only did a minor outpatient one!!

And his surgery is schedule for the day before my birthday (the 22nd), so I will commit to praying for you guys every time anything about my birthday is mentioned or discussed! :)

Unknown said...

Kim and Joel -

Just wanted to let you know that we'll be praying for B. And for you two as well. You guys have educated yourselves and have thought long and hard about this surgery, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Can't wait to hear about the updates. We're still debating about M - it's really mostly my own fears =D Hang in there and we love you guys!

The Bernat Family!