Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Thursday 19 March 2009

Tyke Hike

I took B to the "Tyke Hike" at Henry Mayo Hospital today. It was an hour class that parents can go to with their kids to prepare them for becoming an older brother or sister. It was such a great experience to share with Brennan. I'm not sure how much he "gets" or understands, but I figure I should prepare him as much as possible. The class consisted of a creative video for the kids to watch about babies and becoming an older sibling. Then the nurses showed the kids how to wash their hands before touching the babies, how to hold a baby (doll) and how to help change a diaper. We were also given a tour of the nursery and the kids were shown a baby through the glass. Then the kids got to go into the labor and delivery rooms where their moms will stay. Brennan was the youngest one in the group, but I think it will help him feel more comfortable to have been there before when he comes to see us.

Here are some pictures of the class:

He was given a name tag that says "I'm a Super Sibling"


They gave him a pin that says "I am a BIG Brother"


They put Hospital ID Bracelets on the kids (like their mommy will have on)


The video about becoming a big brother/sister


Snack time... B's favorite!


Holding the "baby"


Helping change the diaper

Seeing the room where the baby and mommy will be
Being there brought back lots of memories of my 4 day stay almost 2 years ago. I can't believe that it is going to happen again in 11 days!

1 comment:

Maria LaRoe said...

Hey there! I'm sure you are busy,but I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are finding a way to REST this weekend! I am so excited for you and your new family of FOUR. =) Can't wait to meet your precious baby girl! By the way....I have another outfit for her. I just can't help myself. Those teeny tiny outfits are just too cute to pass up. I'll have to get it to you one of these days!