Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Saturday 2 July 2011

Update and Summer Fun!

It's been about 3 weeks since my D&C procedure and I feel completely back to normal. It's so weird to feel pregnant and have symptoms one day and then a couple days later it all just went away. I've still got some pregnancy pounds but I am not complaining at all. I feel so thankful that even though we lost the baby I feel confident that it is all part of God's plan, even though I may never truly know why God had us go through it.
We got a call from the doctor yesterday and were given the results of the testing they did to determine what may have happened with the pregnancy. The baby had a syndrome that is common in a lot of miscarriages. I did research on it: It is when the baby has 3 of every chromosome instead of the normal 2, which results in multiple birth defects, and most never make it to full term. The longest a baby has lived after birth, with this syndrome, is 10 months. And, it happens spontaneously, no known cause, and it doesn't affect any chances of it happening again with future pregnancies.
I am sad to know that he/she had such a horrible syndrome, but am thankful we were able to find out the cause of the baby not progressing.
I am also so thankful for all the encouragement and kind words from everyone! We are doing okay. Just trying to keep up with all our fun summer activities!!!...



Brennan at VBS at church!!! It was a great week at church and I got to help out in his class!




B tried out a dance class! He LOVES hip-hop... and boy has he got the moves! I got him in a free trial class to try. Here is a picture of the TV screen to watch the kids during class. The class was a little advanced for him (lots of memorizing moves) and he is more into "free styling". So, I'm on the hunt for another dance class for him.







Playing "mad birds" (angry birds) with Papa on his ipad




We love going to the mall before it opens! The play area is usually empty!



Since Brennan is cleared for water activities... he started swim lessons! And boy does he love it!




So, we decided to get a "mini-pool" for our yard! He LOVES it! Faith...not so sure yet :)




Our friends had free passes to our local amusement park! We just might have to get passes, the kids loved it!






Brennan and his friend Keira




We took the kiddos for a bike ride at the beach and stopped at a nearby park!



I had over 2 months of no exercise at all and was cleared to exercise 2 weeks ago. So, I've been trying to get back into it. Every year I do the local July 4th 5k... so I couldn't pass it up. So, wish me luck as I try and attempt to run it. My goal this year: run while pushing the kiddos and not walk, even if I have to run really slow :)

Have a great and safe 4th of July weekend!

2 comments:

Bill and Jenn said...

Kim! I totally forgot to tell you that we'll be at the parade again this year-- and we'll be cheering for you as you run by! :) Bring the kids back and hang out with us. I'll bring extra lollipops! ;)

Smilen Champ said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. brenan is an amazing, courageous, strong, and determined fighter. He is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease and love it when people sign my geustbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com