Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Wednesday 16 March 2011

week 2

Today was B's 2 week post-op appt. I was, once again, nervous to see how his ear looked. The doctors cleaned his hair and ears and changed the dressings. I posted pictures...

But before we get to those, here are a few things we did this week to stay busy...


A couple times this week we hung out at Toys R Us and let B walk around and look at toys and play with a few.


Pnut picked out the doll she wanted... NOT :)



We went down to City Walk at Universal and pushed the kiddos in the stroller. We looked through some stores and did a bunch of 'people watching'... great place for that :)


B's hooked on "Mad Birds" as he calls it... actually, Joel and I are hooked and B loves to watch!



We went to the LA Zoo... and got a great workout pushing the double stroller up all those hills :)
After the Zoo, we went to the Griffith Park train museum and the kiddos and Joel got to ride the mini-train.

Had to get the 'tourist shot' of course!

B stayed home with daddy and I took Pnut to her 'mommy and me class'... the themed craft this week... leprechaun hat :)

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

B's appt. today!!!....

Here he is with his 2 ears!!!



Washing his hair and ears. He did great this time (as long as we reassured him that we wouldn't get water in his eyes)



Me and my boy



Cheese!!!
He did so awesome through this appt. The doctor cleaned his ear and put more dressings on it. Dr. Lewin was very pleased at how it is healing.

B and daddy!



Close-up

From behind



Another close-up

Dr. Lewin removed some of the dead skin that is shedding. She said all the ears that she creates will shed skin differently. B just had some on the back of his ear. She was pealing it off (kind of like a sun burn skin). Believe me, it was interesting and kind of hard for me to look at as she was pealing it away... but hey, she's the doctor right, she knows what she's doing. :)


And, what better way to celebrate after the appt. then with some ice cream again!!!...

My clowns eating some ice cream clowns :)



And the aftermath...


Update on B's neck tightness... there is none! He is completely back to moving around with full range of motion in his neck. Joel and I think that a big part of the problem was that B was being overprotective of his new ear with the cup on it and was afraid to move his head. To tell you the truth, that was our biggest and only worry the first week. Now that his neck is fine... I feel so relieved and less stressed... Thank God!
Our next appt. is in a week and they will change his dressings again. We were told he can have his cup off then or we could wait a week... uhhhh.... we decided to wait one more week. Why not right? ha ha.... I wish I could keep the cup on for a few months. I know it really needs to air out and do the next stage of healing so at his week 4 post-op appt. his cup will come off for good! I'm excited and nervous. I am nervous for it to be exposed from now on but so excited for him to have his 2 ears!!!
What a long process this has been. It has been long because we have researched for 3 1/2 years. We have researched surgeries, doctors and weighed our options. We have contacted other families who have been through this. We have prayed and trusted in God through this... and here we are, done with it. It's crazy... it almost doesn't feel real.
Dr. Lewin asked me if this Medpor surgery process was easier or harder than we thought. It took me a second to think about it but I said easier and I really believe that. I can't believe how quickly the surgery came and went and how well his ear looks, only 2 weeks out. I can't believe how fast B felt back to himself and how well he is being so careful with his ear. It has truly been such a blessing at how great things have been... aside from my lack of sleep from one eye always open keeping an eye on B... ha ha. (B does think it's a slumber party everynight)... and I'm thinking in a few nights we will put him back in his own bed (that might just be the hardest part of this whole process).
And of course...I am, once again, anxiously awaiting his next appt. to see his ear again!

No comments: