Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Monday 6 December 2010

Family update

Update on B:
B was able to go to Awana tonight, without my assistance! He was so excited. My sister went to check on him during their song/skit time. She was next to him when they were singing the Cubbies theme song. There is a part of the song where they yell "hop" and they all jump up and down. B jumped up and yelled really loud, "I can jump now!!!"... Isn't that cute?!!!
Also, I've been noticing a huge difference in his hearing already. I keep finding myself saying, "WOW" to the things he is doing or saying. I really feel that his speech is improving. He didn't seem to have an issue with it before, but he seems to be saying more things and pronouncing words better. He seems to be more aware of noises around him. A HUGE thing is when I call his name, he looks right over to me!!! Before, he didn't have any sound localization and it would take him a while to find out where a noise was coming from or where I was calling him from. I've noticed lately that when I call him or if he hears something, he turns and looks directly at where the noise is coming from!!! That is so awesome and a huge answer to prayer!

Update on Joel:
Yep, he is still on crutches. He was able to get his cast off and into a leg "boot" but he still can't put any pressure on his leg. So, the majority of the day is still on the couch with his leg up. He can't wait to start physical therapy a few times a week and start moving around more.

Update on Joel's family:
Hard to talk about still, but as many people now know, Joel's dad was diagnosed with ALS. Please pray for Joel's mom and dad as they are going through this and trying to find the help they need to get through this. It's been a shock to our family and we are all trying to get through this while trusting completely in God and His plan.



So here's what we've been up to the last few days.....

Park buddies


There was breakfast at church, Angel Breakfast, and I took B as my date. We had yummy food, including the donuts which were his favorite, made crafts and listened to the children's choir (which B said he wants to do, which is age 4 and up, so next year he can join!).



Me and my lil man


Playing at the mall kid's area with friends


The kid's train outside our mall

Pnut loves the train too!



Mall buddies!



Taking a stroll through the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights

No comments: