Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Wednesday 1 September 2010

We are in the "books"

So, we received our paperwork today for B's surgery. It's a huge packet with surgery info. and instructions for us about what to do 1 month prior to surgery, 2 weeks prior, 1 week, and 1 day before surgery. It lists our pre-op apt. date, surgery date, and post-op apt. date. It pretty much solidified that it is all going to really happen.
We are in the "books."
We are scheduled.
It is going to happen.
My thoughts on a daily basis.... I'm ready for it one moment, and another moment I am not...

It's going to be a very long 50 days... (my hubby counted out the days till surgery)

While going through the packet, the hard part was reading the 2 pages of risks and complications for the surgery. I know they need to include it, but it's really hard to read all the horrible things that "could possibly" happen. This is when I remind myself to trust God and remember that He is in total control. God created B with his special ear and entrusted this sweet, little boy to Joel and I to love and take care of. I feel so blessed to have him in our lives and feel priveleged to be able to go on this journey with him... it just freaks me out, to be completely honest, to start this next stage with surgeries.

Oh yeah, in case you were wondering exactly what precedure he is having, here is the medical term:

Reconstruction of External Auditory Canal for Congenital Atresia, Tympanoplasty, Tympano-ossiculoplasty, Split-thickness Skin Graft, Continuous Intraop 7th Nerve Monitoring, Baseline Electrophysiologic Study, Microdissection surgery

...Crazy I know

No comments: