Brennan's Journey

The support Brennan has received is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is a growing number of people who are asking us how they can help Brennan through his journey and our main focus and priority continues to be prayer for Brennan, his overall health and for the doctors. But so many people are wanting to help even more. For those that feel led to help Brennan financially, a "donate" button is now available. It is linked directly to a special account for Brennan and his long road ahead. Any amount is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words to express our gratitude for all of the support and prayers B is receiving. Thank you to all and God Bless.

Thursday 4 February 2010

slow down

I arrived home at about 10pm tonight, about 2 1/2 hours later than usual. I walked in the front door to a quiet and ever so still house. I must say that the favorite part of every work day I have is coming home. It's warm, quiet (compared to the rest of my day) and I can hear the sounds of little footsteps from the ceiling above me running toward the stairs. But the little footsteps will have to wait for tomorrow for tonight I had to work late.
The little ones were sleeping and it hit me that I hadn't seen my lil pnut since Tuesday. Oh how I missed holding her but that would come soon enough. I heard B in his room moving around in his bed. I would have to wait until tomorrow to hear him yell "daddy!" as he runs into my arms. Then I walked into our bedroom where the love of my life was in bed. She had fallen asleep reading a book, something she does on a regular basis. She had tried so hard to stay awake to greet me when I came home, something I value more than most. I kissed her on the forehead and said, "I love you, I love you." She was spent and I come home late and I think I'm tired. I will never comprehend her ability to work as hard as she does, every hour of every day, only to never complain and use creativity to be the most committed and dedicated mother I have ever known. No one, including me, can ever understand how truly strong and brave she is. It is, and always will be, beyond me. I couldn't have asked for anything more in a wife and a mother of my children. I love her and admire her more than she will ever know. I don't deserve her. I turned off the light and walked out of the room.

I stood in the hallway for a moment and looked at all three rooms where the loves of my life were so quietly at peace and resting. I thought to myself, "It can't possibly get any better than this." But I know it will. I thanked God for our salvation in him, His Love for us, the roof over our heads and the jobs he has provided so that I can support our family and allow Kim to stay home. I was flooded with thoughts of how far we have come and where we have come from. It's amazing how clearly God makes Himself evident when you stop, slow down and think, something I don't do enough.

So for now I sit, typing, thinking and giving thanks. The heater just kicked on funny enough. Another one of those little but significant things we take for granted in the speed of life. My Lord God, help me to slow down. Slow down so I won't miss who You are every day, hour and minute I am alive.

Time for bed, can't wait to see what God has in store for us tomorrow and every day to come. You should slow down too. Don't wanna miss anything...






1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you Joel. You really touched my heart. Uncle Tom & I think Kim is pretty and special, too, along with your little ones. We are so thankful that Kim found (or rather God lead her to) YOU! Yes, what a great God we have!! I'll slow down now...xoxo